On Sunday before they left we took them to Legacy Park which is an awesome playground.



Unlce Clint didn't want to miss out on any of the fun.
On Saturday before our cookout (Josh made everyone some awesome brisket) and watching the Horns and Sooners, we took them to the Apple Orchard to pick some good apples.

Early Saturday morning, Katie ran with Bliss and I in my first 5K since having Bliss. Here is Bliss all suited out in her pink to support the Race for the Cure. All that running, really wore her out.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We ran with the Stroller Fit team. Since I started back to work, I have been doing Stroller Fit on my days off. I love it! It's basically a work out play-date at the park. It is super fun, and has introduced me to a great group of other new moms. Emily in the front will probably kill me for posting this group photo, but it was the only one I had ...
.jpg)
.jpg)
What these pictures don't show is the craziness that concluded Brent and Katie's visit. I will try to relay the story, but sometimes words are not enough. I wish I would have had my camera, but I could have never guessed any of the events would have unfolded as they did ... It all started when Brent and Katie were on their way up here and realized that a "miniature" herford for Brinley to show was up in Colorado. They have a friend here, Drew, at Tech that said he would use my dad's trailor to go and pick up the cow while they were here, BUT my dad was going to need the trailer later in the week. So they needed to get a different trailor to hall the cow from Lubbock to Seguin before Sunday.
Clint and Brent found a trailor Saturday night for $75 which is a story in and of itself. All I'll say is they ended up stranded on the side of the road only 5 minutes after picking it up Saturday night. Anyways, Drew was supposed to have the steer in Lubbock around 5 pm. It was getting close to that time, and Clint was like, "Hey, do you guys think we should head on out to Amy's dad's deer farm to meet Drew and transfer the steer to your trailor?" Brent says, "Naah, we can just do it here." Here? As in, in my driveway in the middle of our little Lubbock neighborhood? Did I mention this steer is 7 months old and not halter trained yet? Did I mention that a "miniature" steer is only a stout 400 lbs?
When Drew arrived they backed the trailors up to eachother butt to butt, and the steer walked into Brent's "new" trailor just fine. But after the transfer we all realized the old trailor was blocking us from closing the gate on "new" trailor. The plan? Katie would step on the gas on the old truck while Drew stood ready to close the gate on the "new" trailor, leaving the cow free to run for only seconds. The next thing we heard was Drew saying, "Oh &*^%$!". The steer jumps out of the trailor and the next thing I know Clint is attempting to wrestle a cow on our driveway...Clint lost. The 400 lb UN-halter broke steer takes off across our neighbors' lawns towards Indiana Avenue, followed by two trucks, two trailors, and a couple of guys in cowboy boots halling butt and without a rope wandering exactly how this cow is really going to end up back in a trailor. Meanwhile, our neighbors join th commotion out on their lawns shouting, "It's a cow!" and "He went that way!"
After chasing him down a couple of streets and allies, he ended up worn out in front of an Elementary school. Brent was able to pin him to the ground without any fight left in him. With us all still wandering how to get the cow into the trailor without a rope, another neighbor walks out with a roping rope ready to lasso. With the rope they were finally able to safely load the steer into the trailor...Only in Texas.
Errrr, I have a much better group photo minus my terrible face!
ReplyDeleteOMG I cannot believe that I just now saw this!! I do not know how I missed this. It was definitely a weekend to remember!!
ReplyDelete